1.3.08

l'Homage: Part Une

So I was supposed to start this segment of the blog a while ago... but i'm just getting around to it now.

Anyhoo, I watched MAHOGANY the other night starring the fly-ass Diana Ross and her smoooove co-star Mr. Billy Dee Williams.

Now while Mr. Williams is more known for his thespian endeavors (Lady sings the Blues, Star Wars & 227); I first met him as a little girl growing up in Brooklyn as
"MR. COLT 45"



( Side Note: A can Billy... a Can!! couldn't spring for the WHOLE 40 oz. )



As a curious youngster I did not understand Colt 45 nor did i get why it "Worked Every Time", but none the less, this image was forever embedded into my memory along with countless episodes of the Price is Right and the taste of Quarter-Waters.





PS: the kicker for me was the not-too dry, not-too greasy jheri curl he rocked...
Every woman loved them some Billy Dee in the 70's and 80's. Even my mom liked Billy and she didn't even like me.

I guess it really did work everytime...if it ain't broke then don't fix it!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The Idris Elba of the 80s? lol