27.1.09

Open Letter to Taraji P. Henson.....

Dear Taraji,
I'll make this short and sweet.
Congratulations girl on the Oscar nod for your role as Queenie in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.




We gots a semi-Black president in office, you gettin' Oscar nominations and I got my W2 early......the skies the limit for us colored folks.
But honey, if you're really looking to break out as a serious movie star or at least shake that D list Black celeb status of yours.....


You can't be doing Jamie Foxx videos!!! Ya just can't!



Jamie Foxx ft. T.I. - Just Like Me (New Official Video) 2008
by xiar

Personally you shoulda been nominated for playing Yvette in Baby Boy. Now that was a Tour de Force!!




That role deserved a lifetime achievement award or something!!!

Now I'm sure you didn't see the Oscar nod coming when you agreed to be a part-time video vixen. But you gotta see the long haul....think about your future. Acting alongside Brad Pitt and then being Jamie Foxx's video candy is like passing up a full scholarship to NYU to work at Marc Jacobs store for the discount and clothing allowance.

THINK TWICE BABY GIRL!! THINK TWICE!!

Sincerely here for your best interest,

Culture Snobette
xoxo

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think she's a "video vixen" in that video, it's not like she's standing around scantily-clad shaking her ass. She's actually acting, and it's quite funny & cute! I don't think it's a career-killer in any way. Jamie Foxx is mainstream. Shit he himself is an Oscar winner! It would be different if she was in a Bobby Valentino vid or something....

cool blog.

e. jay said...

I love Taraji, but she's a gutter chick if I ever saw one. Classy, but still slightly gutter. I lol'd at her levitating in the video. I'm so glad she's stepping her acting game up, anyway.

Unknown said...

Im sure he agent already spoke to her about it, lol

Christelle de Castro said...

OMG BIATCH!!!!! HELLA FUCKIN FUNNY!!!!!@#%^%$#!@#

I LOVE YOU!!!