9.5.09

Whats OZ in New Again!

With casting finally complete for the Encores! Broadway Production, it's time to Ease on Down the Road Again.
This week New York City Center issued a press release announcing the cast of its summer run of The Wiz.

Non-actress Ashanti will play Dorothy


Semi-actor Orlando Jones will play The Wiz


Real-actress Lachanze will play Glinda, the Good Witch


Quasi-actress Tischina Arnold will play my personal fave Evilene.....
y'all remember Evilene right??

She's the one that didn't want 'No Bad News'
......ahhh a woman after my own heart.


The Wiz will run from June 12 to July 5 at the New York City Center
Cop yours early!!!
And by 'early' I don't mean C.P. time.



While I have no faith in Ashanti doing a semi-decent job, I think everyone else should
be able to hit the mark.
I'm sure Mizz Ross will be present, tipsy of course, front and center opening night waiting for 'Shanti to hit a wrong note, miss a line or prayin for her lace front to slip in the middle of Act 2.
And by Mizz Ross, I mean ME....

The Original WIZ Cast

Read the full release

No comments: